Family Trip to Great Smoky Mountains

4:44 PM






It has been ages since I updated our family blog.  Many joyful and turbulent changes took place during this time period.  First of all, we had another baby girl that completed our family.  She loves anything "princessy" and loves to make us laugh. 

Yet,  the last two years have been very traumatic due to my mother's long battle with cancer.  In March, 2020, my mother lost her battle with brain cancer.  We miss her greatly and will always remember her strength and persistence.  Growing up, I used to go to Great Smoky Mountains with my parents at least once a year.  I have great memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.  My husband and I decided to take a trip to Great Smoky Mountains to honor my mother's memory and to share the love of nature with our children as my parents have shared with me.




Many popular attractions were closed due to COVID-19, but we still had a wonderful time exploring.  We saw numerous kinds of animals such as a black bear with two cubs, skink, elk, centipede, snake, wild turkeys, and Canada goose.  

 

Elk


Black Bear with Cubs


Skink


Wild Turkeys


The kids loved to play in the creeks.  They practiced skipping stones and hopping over the stones.  




We also went hiking and enjoyed tranquility that nature had to offer.  







We explored with our five senses.  The world has so much to offer to those that seek adventure.  


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe